Mutag Biochip 25™ Premium MBBR Carrier Media
The Mutag Biochip 25™ is a high performance mixed bed biofilm reactor (MBBR) carrier that provides a protected active surface area of more that 4000 m²/m3.
The Biochip 25™ can be utilized in the following biological treatment processes:
- COD Removal
Less carrier volume required
With a protected active surface area of more than 4000 m2/m3 a lower volume of carrier media is required to achieve an equivalent amount of active biomass resulting in a reduction of tank size or an increase in reserve capacity.
Lower mixing energy costs
The shape and density of the Mutag Biochip 25™ allow it to be easily mixed with minimal energy inputs.
With a homogeneous outer ring protecting the pore structure from cuts, damage and abrasion the Mutag Biochip 25™ has unparalleled longevity.
Optimized diffusion depth
With a thickness of 1.1mm the Mutag Biochip 25™ allows substrate and oxygen can fully diffuse into all of the biomass.
Resistant to bioclogging
The shape of the Mutag Biochip 25™ allows for the mixing action in the tank to shear off excess biomass preventing clogging from the build up of inactive biomass.
Algae Control Canada offers full design services including:
- MBBR plant design
- Process air supply design
- Retention screen design
- Tank design
- Process engineering
The Mutag Biochip 25™ can be used in the following applications:
- Compact / containerized treatment plants
- Municipal / domestic sewage treatment (COD removal, nitrification, ANAMMOX)
- Pulp & paper industry
- Coke oven plants, steel industry
- Fish-farming, aquaculture, koi carp ponds, swimming ponds
- Petrochemical industry
- Food & beverage industry, slaughterhouses
- Centrate water treatment (ANAMMOX)
- Chemical effluent treatment, textile factories